James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts | Broadway in Chicago | Overshadowed Theatrical Productions | The Genesee Theatre – Waukegan
James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts
James Lumber Center’s spring season features Grammy award-winning bluegrass, energetic hip-hop and more!
“We are thrilled to bring an exciting and eclectic lineup to the JLC, including legendary artists with multiple Grammy nominations and TV/movie appearances between them,” says Alisa Baum, executive director. “This incredible season will help establish the JLC as a mecca of live entertainment for Lake County.”
- The Great DuBois … Sunday, January 22. A comedic variety showcase of juggling, aerial, magic, contortion and more, with free circus workshop.
- Bush/Marshall/Meyer/Meyer … Thursday, February 2. A supergroup with the legendary Sam Bush, multi-Grammy winner Edgar Meyer, Mike Marshall and George Meyer.
- LADAMA … Sunday, February 5. A quartet of virtuosic musicians from Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela and the U.S.
- Tab Benoit with opener JD Simo … Friday, February 24. Grammy-nominated, soulful Delta blues singer.
- Switchback … Sunday, March 19. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this award-winning duo.
- Natalie MacMaster/Donnell Leahy … Friday, March 24. Marquee Celtic superstars.
- Chicago Dance Crash … Sunday, April 23. This hip hop/contemporary dance ensemble performs “Keepers of the Floor.”
- Gangstagrass … Sunday, May 14. Creator of the Emmy-nominated TV theme song for “Justified,” this unique group combines bluegrass, hip hop and beyond.
Tickets online at jlcenter.clcillinois.edu; 847-543-2300; JLC Box Office, 19351 West Washington St., Grayslake, open M-F, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. LEARN MORE
Broadway in Chicago
Broadway In Chicago has two upcoming productions that will make for an unforgettable family night out at the theatre. Share the experience of CATS, the beloved Andrew Lloyd Webber musical with breathtaking songs including “Memory”, for the first time as it begins a new life, or let it thrill you all over again! Featuring new choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler (Hamilton). Playing one week only February 21 – 26 at the James M. Nederlander Theatre.
ANNIE, the best-loved musical of all time returns in a new production celebrating family, optimism and the American spirit. The Chicago Tribune calls it “one of the best family musicals ever penned.” It’s the ultimate cure for all the hard knocks life throws your way. Playing March 7 – 19 at the Cadillac Palace Theatre. For tickets visit BroadwayInChicago.com LEARN MORE
Overshadowed Theatrical Productions
The Wizard of Oz – January 20-February 4
We’re off to see the Wizard! Over ten generations have grown up loving this classic tale of an enchanted land – first as a beloved children’s book, then as an iconic Hollywood film. Now Overshadowed is bringing you an exciting stage adaptation of this legendary musical. It’s a show for the entire family filled with an immortal musical score including one of the greatest hit songs in musical history – “Over the Rainbow.” So follow the yellow brick road to Overshadowed. School Day Performances also available. Call for more information.
Located at 900 Foster Avenue in Medinah, Illinois. To order tickets, please call the box office at 630-634-2100 or go to www.overshadowed.org. LEARN MORE
The Genesee Theatre – Waukegan
The Genesee makes your New Year’s Resolution of seeing more shows easier than ever!
- TUSK: The Ultimate Fleetwood Mac Tribute … Thursday, January 26 – will be celebrating the legacy of Fleetwood Mac with their unforgettable chemistry.
- Lake Street Dive with Monica Martin … Sunday, January 29 – offers a chill, semi-acoustic evening of blues, folk, and jazz.
- Lombardi, the Broadway Play … February 3 and 4 – brings the intimacy of black-box theatre to the big stage.
- One of country music’s biggest stars, Josh Turner … Friday, February 10 – will grace the stage with his southern charm and baritone voice.
- The Commodores … Thursday, February 16 – will perform hits from their 55-year career.
- The final weekend lines-up Little River Band, Rick Springfield, and Tim Allen back-to-back … Thursday, February 16.
Tickets are on sale now! The Genesee Theatre: 203 N Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL. Online: www.geneseetheatre.com. Box office: (847) 263-6300. LEARN MORE
Comments are closed.