WEEKEND+ for Thursday 6/2 to Wednesday 6/8.
FOR THIS WEEK: Waterparks & Pools | Summer Fun Begins Here | Summer Camps Source | Fairs & Festivals | Fitness / Race Guide | On Stage | Plus, links to … Make Room for Self Care, Party Advice from the Pros, Golf Links & Tips, 7 Ulta-Succesful Graduation Tips, Dining Out
Now Available ~ Suburban Family’s MAY / JUNE 2022 issue. Get it and…GO!
Pools and Waterparks … Open for the Summer!
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
Pelican Harbor Indoor/Outdoor Aquatic Park
Bolingbrook Park District
Fun for EVERYONE happens right here! Pelican Harbor Indoor/Outdoor Aquatic Park is Bolingbrook’s year-round place for family fun. Pelican Harbor has something for every swimmer, no matter the age or ability. You can celebrate your birthday, host a group outing, or learn to swim right here at Pelican Harbor. The indoor/outdoor set-up guarantees fun even in less-than-ideal weather. 200 Lindsey Lane, Bolingbrook. (630) 739-1700. www.bolingbrookparks.org
Arlington Heights Park District
Dive into summer with Arlington Heights Park District! Check out our latest indoor and outdoor pool schedule and aquatic programs including swim lessons, open swim, water exercise and much more! Swim all summer long at five outdoor pools and ARC (Arlington Ridge Center). 500 S. Fernandez, Arlington Heights. 847-577-3035. For more information, visit www.ahpd.org/programs/summer-2022-pool-information or @ahparkdistrict on Facebook and Instagram
Water Park & Splash Pad
Bensenville Park District
Stay cool at the pool! With a 155-foot water slide, two drop slides, a diving board, a 2,527 square-foot Splash Pad, sun deck, and a full-service concession stand, the Bensenville Water Park & Splash Pad, 1100 W. Wood St., is your home for summer fun! The season opens Memorial Day, May 30. Get your season pass today! Daily admission rates, four levels of swimming lessons, and party rentals are also available. Visit BvilleParks.org /parks-facilities/bensenville-water-park for information.
Village of Hinsdale Community Pool
Think Summer! The Village of Hinsdale Community Pool offers an outdoor swimming facility for the entire family! Featuring a 50-meter pool with 25-meter L shape, zero -depth walk in wading pool with play features, a diving well with drop slide, two 1M diving boards and a 3M diving board. Pool passes are on sale! Also available are 10 visit passes and Neighborly Rates! Visit http://www.villageofhinsdale.org/pr for more information or @HinsdaleParks on Facebook and Instagram.
See the complete “Waterparks & Pools” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
Summer Fun Begins Here…
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
Cavalcade of Planes
Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport’s open house event on June 4 and 5th will include static displays of all types of airplanes, Warbirds, new planes, helicopters, Fly–in, Vietnam re-enactors, and others. The Museum will be open. The famous Ford Tri-motor will be selling rides, warbird T-6, and helicopter also selling rides, Food & drink throughout including the beer canteen. Folding chairs blankets allowed. No tents or pets. For more information and tickets go to www.cavalcadeofplanes.com.
Sonny Acres Farm
Summer is right around the corner at Sonny Acres! Visit the West Chicago Farm in May for an unmatched selection of flowers and herbs, plants, soil and more just in time for planting season. Dates and hours of operation for Spring and Summer are listed at sonnyacres.com. A staple in the community for countless decades, Sonny Acres Farm offers endless opportunities for family fun, local shopping and event space for one-of-a-kind gatherings of any size. Boasting 22 acres of space, Sonny Acres Farm is the ideal, customizable destination for weddings, corporate events, family gatherings and other special occasions. For an extra “wow factor” at your next event, treat your guests to some of the farm’s unique seasonal offerings, including access to amusement rides, petting zoo, hayrides around the property and much more. 29W310 North Ave., West Chicago, IL 60185. (630) 231-3859. https://sonnyacres.com/
Head north of the border for adventure and relaxation in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Explore our Lake Michigan shoreline as you ride an authentic Electric Streetcar. Climb to the top of the Southport Lighthouse for amazing views of the lake. Book a charter fishing outing with the Kenosha Charter Boat Association. Get on the water aboard a standup paddle board, kayak, or duck-themed pedal boat at the Kenosha Community Sailing Center. Use www.VisitKenosha.com to find your #KenoshaFun.
This Summer Come Shop, Dine and Play in Arlington Heights!
Arlington Heights welcomes you to come shop, dine, and play! Discover our one-of-a-kind Downtown with some of the most unique boutique shopping in the Chicago suburbs. Live music, theater, and comedy are showcased at the intimate Metropolis Performing Arts Centre. Enjoy free, family-friendly live music at Sounds of Summer, Thursday & Friday evenings from June 16th – July 29th. And savor Chicagoland’s best outdoor dining experience with Arlington Alfresco, beginning Friday, April 29th and concluding with live music, great eats, and family fun at Harmony Fest/Taste of Arlington Heights on Sept. 30th & Oct. 1st! For more great experiences, visit DiscoverArlington.com !
Trails Entertainment Centers
Trails Entertainment Centers offers three amazing venues – Enchanted Castle Family Entertainment Center in Lombard, which is an all-indoor facility, and Haunted Trails Family Entertainment Centers located in Burbank and Joliet, which feature both indoor and outdoor attractions. Each location offers a unique variety of games, miniature golf, go-karts, amusement rides and other special attractions. Special discounted rates are available for birthday parties, group outings and corporate picnics & events. For more information visit www.trailsfunparks.com.
SAFARI LAND – Villa Park
Safari Land is the ultimate, INDOOR entertainment center, plus home of the largest year-round indoor roller coaster in Illinois. Open seven days a week, offering eight amusement rides, over 100 arcade games and 12 lanes of bowling. Ride wristband includes: Tilt-A-Whirl, Bumper Cars, Merry-Go-Round, Monkey Jump, Soft Play Area, Max Flight Simulator, Roller Coaster & Kiddie Go-Karts. Free parking and a perfect spot for birthday parties! For more information visit www.safarilandfun.com or call 630-530-4649.
Discovery Center Chicago
Stepping into LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago is like you’ve just jumped into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! With over 3 million LEGO bricks under one roof and 2 stories of EPIC LEGO play, what will you discover? To see what else we have to offer, check out www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/chicago/ Be sure to buy tickets online to guarantee your entry. Located at 601 N. Martingale Road, STE 130 Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Village of Lemont
Named one of the 23 Best Day Trips from Chicago by Time Out, Lemont offers local shopping, outdoor dining, and recreational amenities with a picturesque backdrop. Bike along the canal to The Forge to zipline through their world-class aerial courses. Grab a beer from Pollyanna, indulge in a pizza from Wooden Paddle, or stop by one of the locally-owned shops housed in iconic limestone buildings. No matter where you find yourself in Downtown, you’ll experience Lemont Real. Learn more at www.lemontdowntown.com.
- Forest Preserve District of Kane County campgrounds are open May 1 – October 31
- Big Rock Campground at Big Rock Forest Preserve. 46W499 Granart Rd., Big Rock
- Paul Wolff Campground at Burnidge Forest Preserve. 38W235 Big Timber Rd., Elgin
- Call our campground hotline at 630-444-1200 or visit www.kaneforest.com
Fleetwood Roller Rink
Fleetwood Roller Rink (established 1957) is a family-owned business. Our venue hosts public skating, birthday parties (our specialty) privates and fundraisers. We promote family fun for all ages plus for “health sake, roller skate” Come visit us and join in our fun. Instruction available every Saturday at 1 pm Check for our ongoing specials and public skating times. Located at 7231 West Archer Ave., Summit. 708-458-0300. www.fleetwoodrollerrink.com
Reed’s Canoe Trips
Reed’s Canoe and Kayak Trips are an ideal recreational activity for groups of any size, from a family adventure to large church, school, or park district outing with an adventure close to home. The three trips we offer range in length from approximately 2 hours to a full 6 hours on the water, and are suitable for either new or experienced canoeists. Since the Kankakee River is located only an hour south of Chicagoland, even our longest trip will fit into a one-day outing! 907 N. Indiana Ave, Rt. 50, Kankakee, IL Call for information or reservations: (815) WE CANOE or visit: reedscanoetrips.com
Downers Grove Park District Summer Events
Join the Downers Grove Park District in celebrating the summer months ahead! The Park District has numerous FREE events for the community to enjoy. Whether it’s enjoying live music at our Summer Concert Series, or partying the day away with free activities for the whole family at our Big Bash 75th Anniversary Celebration – there is something for everyone! http://www.dgparks.org
For over 60 years, kids from ages 1 to 92 love the world-famous Volo Museum’s 45 exhibits and over 15,000 historical items. From our new Jurassic Gardens dinosaur experience and giant carousel pavilion to our upcoming Train Museum and Titanic exhibit, we have something rare and amazing for everyone! Open daily 10a to 5p. Visit volofun.com for more information. Volo Museum, 27582 Volo Village Road, Volo, IL.
Use code CHIFAM20 for 20% OFF
For the Love of Art in the Park
Mt. St. Mary Park in St. Charles presents a striking and engaging sculpture exhibition against the backdrop of nature’s seasonal beauty. Along the tranquil Fox River, Sculpture in the Park features sculptural masterpieces made from various mediums by artists from all over the country and an array of pieces in the permanent collection. All ages are welcome to enjoy this magnificent free exhibit of original and unique sculpture. More info: www.stcsculpture.org
Cruise the Scenic Fox River
Enjoy travel from the era of Mark Twain through a green corridor of scenic beauty aboard the St. Charles Paddlewheel Riverboats. Both boats have open-air upper decks for unobstructed sightseeing and the lower decks have windows that can be closed in cool or rainy weather. Public tours are reasonably prices from May to October. Enjoy recurring events, such as Kids Cruises, Sunset Cruises, and many more Private charters available, too. Purchase tickets: stcriverboats.com
Kane County Cougars
There’s something special for everyone at a Cougars game!
Bring the entire family and join the best fans in baseball as the Kane County Cougars play their fifty game home schedule at beautiful Northwestern Medicine Field in Geneva. Since 1991, the Cougars have been at the forefront of affordable family-fun, great food and fireworks. Every Cougars game is packed with exciting baseball action and between inning on-field events and contests. Select games feature post-game fireworks and free pre-game concerts in the music garden. And, the youngsters will love the Cougar’s Kid Zone. Visit KCCOUGARS.COM for more information or call 630-232-8811.
Barrington Hosts 2nd Classic Collectors Car Show on June 25th
The Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 2nd Classic Collectors Car Show on Saturday, June 25 from noon until 4:00 p.m. in downtown Barrington in the BMO Harris lot at Cook and E. Lake Streets.
This free family-family event will feature a lot full of display cars, DJ music, food, and refreshments. No day-of registration is allowed, show cars must be preapproved by the committee. For information visit www.BarringtonChamber.com. Top awards will be presented
Fun in Downtown Aurora
Come have fun this summer downtown Aurora. Explore a handful of museums during Aurora Museum Week the week of June 5. Free outdoor movies for all ages on second Thursdays starting June 9 at Aurora Regional Fire Museum. Wednesdays at the Plaza features live music beginning July 13. On August 5, it’s a block party at First Fridays. Alley Art Festival returns on August 27. Follow us on Facebook at Aurora Downtown. www.auroradowntown.org
The Joliet Slammers are a professional minor league baseball team that plays in downtown Joliet at Duly Health and Care Field. The Slammers are part of the Frontier League which is a partner league of Major League Baseball. With 51-themed home games between May and September, the team is ready for a summer of fun for the entire family! Learn more at www.JolietSlammers.com or by calling 815-722-2287.
Farm & Barn Fest
Mokena Park District
Join us at Farm & Barn Fest, Saturday, August 13, 9am–10pm at Historic Yunker Farm, 10824 La Porte Rd., Mokena. Free Parking and Admission! Event features: Petting Zoo, Kid’s games and activities, Contests, Free Stage Entertainment, and Food and Beer Concessions. Look for unique items at the Flea Market from 9am-12pm. The Splash Pad will be open from 10am–5:30pm. The Country Concert features MacKenzie O’Brien at 6pm and Rockstar Rodeo at 8pm. www.mokenapark.com.
Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
People of all ages enjoy this exceptional Museum dedicated to cut and polished stone. See a world class collection of Chinese jade, hard stone carvings, animal dioramas, gemstones, fossils, meteorites, rocks and minerals from around the world. Hands on displays and unique Museum Shop enhance the experience. Group tours and children’s programs are available throughout the year see the Museum’s website for more information. 1220 Kensington Road, Oak Brook. 630-833-1616, email@example.com. www.lizzadromuseum.org
Midwest Pond & Koi Society
The Midwest Pond & Koi Society, MPKS, are families with a common hobby: koi ponds, garden ponds, koi keeping, and plants. MPKS members range from the novice to experienced water gardener. The club has monthly meetings with topics about plants, ponds, and fish. Other activities include; auctions, road trips, and a pond tour. You do not have to be a member to attend a meeting. Visit our web site www.mpks.org for more information.
See the complete “Summer Fun Begins Here” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
Summer Camp Source…
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
- FACETS Film Camp
- IC Catholic Prep
- University of Illinois
- Good Times Summer Day Camp
- Great Lakes Volleyball Center
www.greatlakescenter.com/camps/ FB: Sports Performance Volleyball
- Carthage College Soccer Camp.
- NIU STEAM Camps
- Camp Naper at Naper Settlement
- The Forge: Lemont Quarries
- Rock ‘n’ Kids
- Under the Sun Camps
- Little Mountain Community Theatre
- Saint Ignatius College Prep
- Soccer Made in America
See the complete “Summer Camps” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
Fairs & Festivals…
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
Strawberry Jazz Festival | June 5 – 11AM-4PM. Art, Handmade Crafts, Live Entertainment, Food Trucks, Kid Zone. Free Admission. Free Parking. Northfield Square Mall, Route 50 @ I-57 (Exit 315). Bradley, Illinois. www.CommunityArtsCouncil.org
- Cream of Wheaton Festival – 6/2-5. Arts and crafts fair, carnival, Cosley Zoo and food vendors. Wheaton. Wheatonparkdistrict.com
- Rose Festival – 6/2-5. Rose parade, rides, concessions, and games. Roselle. Roselle.il.us
- La Grange Carnival – 6/3-5. Rides, ferris wheel, games, concessions. Cm.lgba.com
- Maifest – 6/2-5. German celebration of food, music and maypole dance. Lincoln Square, Chicago. mayfestchicago.com.
- Ottawa 2 Rivers Wine Festival – 6/3-5. Tasting from local wineries and artisan market. Pickusottawail.com
- Lincoln Park Wine Fest – 6/3-5. More than 80 varietals, food/wine pairings, artists and dancing. Jonquil Park, Chicago. chicagoevents.com.
- Rosemont Uncorked Wine Festival – 6/4-5. 18 wineries, live music and more. Rosemontuncorked.com
- Dragon Boat Festival – Dragon boat races, music, food, drinks and more. Blue Island. Chicagodragonboats.com
- Chicago Gospel Music Festival – 6/4. Jay Pritzker Pavillion, Millennium Park. Cityofchicago.org
- Cavalcade of Planes – 6/4-5. Warbirds on display and flying, food vendors, airplane and helicopter rides. Bolingbrook. Cavalcadeofplanes.com
- Ottawa Uncorked – 6/5-6 20 Illinois wineries, food, live music, outdoor arts and crafts market, more. Ottawa Pickusottawail.com
- Hinsdale Fine Arts Festival – 6/4-5. 130 juried artists, food and kids’ activities. Downtown Hinsdale. hinsdalechamber.com.
Rotary GroveFest – June 23 – 26 – Live Music • Unlimited Rides • Food/Biz Expo. Huge Beer Garden/Entertainment Area. Downtown Downers Grove. www.RotaryGroveFest.com
Arlington Heights Frontier Days Festival – June 30 – July 4. FREE ADMISSION, FREE Music Entertainment, Carnival Rides, 4th of July Parade, Food, Beer, Wine, Bingo, Family Activities, Pony Rides, 3v3 Soccer, Stampede Run 5K/10K, & more! Recreation Park, Arlington Heights. www.frontierdays.org
DuPage County Fair | July 29 – 31. Come One, Come All – Neighbors, Friends, and Family. Live music, carnival, food, petting zoo, rodeo, livestock show and contests. www.dupagecountyfair.org
See all Fairs & Festivals for May and June in SF’s E-Mag :
GO TO E-MAG
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
In The Heights
The Hemmens, Elgin
July 15, 16, 22, 23 @ 7:30 PM; July 17 & 24 @ 3:00 PM.
Overshadowed Theatrical Productions
Presents Beauty and the Beast, July 8–30
See the “On Stage” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
Fitness/ Race Events…
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
Cori’s Kids Triathlon – Sat. June 4 at 8 AM. Kids will participate in the three traditional triathlon events: swimming, biking and running. Oak Brook Park District, 1450 Forest Gate Road. www.obparks.org
Saw Wee Kee Summer Trail Run – Sat., June 4 at 4 PM. 4-Mile Course. 7350 Sundown Lane, Yorkville, Oswegoland Park District. 630-554-1010. www.RunOswegoland.org
Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals – Sat., June 4. 7:30A Start 5K/10K | 8:45A Start 1/2-Mile Kids Run. Memorial Park, Wheaton. www.wheatonparkdistrict.com/programs/racewheaton
- Saw Wee Kee Spring Trail Run. Oswego.
- Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals. Wheaton. wheatonparkdistrict.com
- Walk to Defeat ALS. Wheaton. Wheatonparkdistrict.com
- Chicago Mini-Walk to Defeat ALS. Chicagoland. web.alsa.org/chicagowalk
SUNDAY, JUNE 5
Walk to Cure Arthritis – 5k Walk. Sun., 6/5 at 9 AM. Benefits the Arthritis Foundation. Montrose Harbor, Chicago. www.walktocurearthritis.org/chicago
Bank of America Chicago 13.1 – Festival: June 3-5. Packet Pick-Up: June 3 & 4. Half Marathon: June 5. Union Park,1501 W. Randolph St., Chicago. www.chicago13point1.com
- Walk to Cure Arthritis 5K. Chicago. walktocurearthritis.org
- Bank of American 13/1. Chicago. chicago13point1.com
- Elgin Valley Fox Trot. Elgin. Elginfoxtrot.org
- Run for the Zoo. Chicago. Lpzoo.org
- North Shore Classic. Highland Park. Venturesendurance.com
SUNDAY, JUNE 19
- PrairieFest 5K & 1 Mile – Sun., June 19 at 8 AM. Father’s Day Morning. Prairie Point Park, Oswego. Oswegoland Park District. 630-554-1010. www.RunOswegoland.org
SUNDAY, JULY 17
- Naperville Walk for Pancreatic Cancer Research – Sun. 7/17 at 8:30 AM. 1.5 Mile Walk or 5K Walk; Dogs are permitted. Benefits the Lustgarten Foundation. Naperville Pavilion. events.lustgarten.org/naperville
See all Fitness / Race events for May and June in SF’s E-Mag :
GO TO E-MAG
(For this week…6/2 to 6/8)
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
- FAMILY Movie Night: Sing 2 – Pack a blanket and chairs and watch a movie in the park. Rides, crafts and photo ops. 7:30-10:30PM. Blackberry Farm, Aurora. Blackberryfarm.info
- MOVIE Movie in the Park: Coco – Bring lawn chairs or blankets for lawn seating. Concessions available, free with paid parking. Rated PG. 8:30PM. Cantigny.org
- ART Art on the Mart – The 30-minute program of projections will be shown nightly at 8:30 and 9:00 p.m. thru June 29. artonthemart.com.
- EXHIBIT Alebrijes: Creatures of a Dream World – A five-month outdoor exhibit featuring dozens of mythical animals inspired by Mexican folklore. Opens at Cantigny June 1, 2022. Wheaton. Cantigny.org
- EXHIBIT The Artful Soul of Faust – Extended through June 19. The life of Faust as told through 14 large cameos carved in Germany. Exhibits US premier. Lizzadro Museum. Oak Brook. Lizzadromuseum.org
- EXHIBIT Bill Sienkiewicz: Pop Culture Revolution – Best known for revolutionizing the style of comic and graphic novel illustration. Bess Bower Dunn Museum of Lake County. Through 9/5. Lcfpd.org
- EXHIBIT Middle Kingdom under the Big Sky: Experiences of Chinese Immigrants to the US– 5/5-6/25. Featuring maps, manuscripts, and rare books. Newberry Library, Chicago. newberry.org.
- SENIORS Weekly Movies – Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday afternoons. Free. Check website for movies and showtimes. Naperville. Napervilleparks.org
- FAMILY First Fridays –Several venues will be open downtown with art, music and more. 5 PM-Midnight. FREE. Thru Dec. Visit auroradowntown.org
- FOOD Food Truck Festival – 30 food trucks along Benton Street. Beer garden. Coincides with Aurora’s First Fridays. 5-9PM. Downtown Aurora. Auroradowntown.org
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
- KIDS Stone Hunt – Hands on activity allows kids and adults to search for gems and minerals and learn the difference. Ages 5+. 10:30-11:45AM. Register. Lizzadro Museum. Oak Brook.lizzadromuseum.org
- MUSIC Naperville Soul Fest – Musical celebration of African American and Caribbean descendants. Times TBD. Check website for updates. Naperville. Napervillesoulfest.com
- NATURE Night of the Frogs – Hike around the wetlands of Spring Valley in search of frogs while listening to their nightly chorus. 6:30-8PM. Schaumburg. Parkfun.com
- CONCERT The Forge’s Summer Concert Series – Lemont. Saturdays. For times and dates visit forgeparks.com
- EXHIBIT People of the Prairie – thru 6/5. Learn about the Native peoples of Illinois and view artifacts from sites in Northern IL. Elmhurst History Museum. elmhursthistory.org.
- EXHIBIT Biomimicry in Art and Design – Interactive learning stations about nature emulations in art. Elmhurst Art Museum. Through 8/14. Tickets required. Elmhurstartmuseum.org
- FAMILY US Bowling Congress Women’s Championships – Spectators welcome. Free. Through July 3 at Stardust Bowl. Addison. Discoverdupage.com
- FAMILY Ice Age Giants – Over 20 life-sized animatronics through October 30. Brookfield Zoo. Free with general admission. CZS.org.
- NATURE Healing Gardens – A two-acre expanse of woodland and perennial gardens. 11 AM-4 PM. 2nd Sunday of the month May thru October. Stone Hill Farm, St. Charles. Fee. healinggardensatstonehillfarm.com
- EXHIBIT Human Nature – Ongoing. Explore large-scale sculptures created by South African artist. Advance reservations required. Morton Arboretum, Lisle. mortonarb.org/events/humannature.
- ACCESSIBLE Accessible Birding – Making birdwatching available to all. Slower pace and hard surfaces to accommodate wheelchairs and walking aids. 11AM. Cantigny Park. Cantigny.org
- FAMILY Calvalcade of Planes – Event includes aircraft, skydiving, formation flying, helicopter demos, food and more. 10AM-4PM. Purchase tickets in advance. Clow International Airport, Bolingbrook. cavalcadeofplanes.com
- FAMILY Kite Fly – Fly your own kite, view other kite enthusiasts, or purchase one at the event. 10AM-4PM. Frontier Sports Complex. Naperville. Napervilleparks.org
SUNDAY, JUNE 5
- CONCERT The Fortunate Sons – Outdoor concert with lawn seating, bring chairs or blankets. Concessions available. 3-5PM. Cantigny Park. Cantigny.org
- EXHIBIT Great Midwest Train Show – Largest monthly train show in USA. 9AM-3PM. DuPage County Fairgrounds. Greatmidwesttrainshow.com
- FAMILY Calvalcade of Planes – Event includes aircraft, skydiving, formation flying, helicopter demos, food and more. Open 10AM-4PM. Purchase tickets in advance. Clow International Airport, Bolingbrook. cavalcadeofplanes.com
- FAMILY Frontier Kite Festival – Presented by the Branch Naperville Moms. Frontier Park, Naperville. Free. 10AM-4PM. napervilleparks.org.
- MUSIC Strawberry Jazz Festival – Northfield Square Mall, Bradley, IL. 11AM-4PM. More information to come. Communityartscouncil.org
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – Concerts begin at 5PM on Sunday evenings June 5 thru Aug. 14. Wheelingparkdistrict.com
- CONCERT Concerts in Your Park Series – Sunday evening at various neighborhood parks. FREE. 7:00-8:30 pm. napervilleparks.org.
MONDAY, JUNE 6
- SENIORS Movie Monday in the Oak Room – Every Monday we’ll play a movie and provide the popcorn and soda. No movie July 4. Bensenville. Bvilleparks.org
TUESDAY, JUNE 7
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – Concerts begin at 7PM on Tuesday evenings May 24 thru Aug. 16. Register. Fishel Park, Downers Grove. dgparks.org
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8
- CHARITY Scott R. Triphahn Annual Golf Outing – Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club, 1400 Poplar Creek Drive, Hoffman Estates. 8AM – 5PM. Register. bridgesofpoplarcreek.com.
- FAMILY Unplug at the Park – Events geared towards engaging family. Free. 5-7PM. Heritage Park. Wheeling. Wheelingparkdistrict.com
- CONCERT Music in the Park Series – Downtown Bensenville, Wednesdays 7:30-9:30PM. Live music, vendors, and family fun. Bensenville.il.us
See all Chicagoland events for May and June in our E-Mag,,,
GO TO E-MAG
We think you’ll like these articles, too…
- Make Room for Self Care
- Party Advice from the Pros
- Golf Links & Tips
- 7 Ulta-Succesful Graduation Tips
- Dine Out
- ANNUAL Senior Focus + Resources
- ANNUAL 2022 Fitness Race Guide
- Capital Investment Realty
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED SPONSORS
Comments are closed.