Weekend+ for Thursday 7/21 to Wednesday 7/27.
FOR THIS WEEK: Waterparks & Pools ~ Best Day Trips ~ On Stage ~ Fairs & Festivals ~ Fitness / Race Events ~ Chicagoland Events ~ Plus, links to Back to School, Golf Links & Tips and Dining
GO TO: Suburban Family’s JULY / AUGUST issue. Get it and…GO!
Waterparks & Pools
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
~ The weather forecast is calling for a Waterpark or Pool this weekend!
Santa Springs, East Dundee
Cool off at Santa Springs on one of our 3-story, 300 foot-long water slides. Splash around Lighthouse Harbor, a 2-story interactive water play structure, featuring slides and tipping buckets within a zero-depth entry to a 10,000 square-foot, 8 inch-deep wading pool. While the kids play, parents can sit back and relax in surrounding lounge chairs or cabanas available for rental. Santa Springs is located inside Santa’s Village Amusement & Water Park in East Dundee. For more information on ticket deals, Birthday Parties, and more, visit: www.SantasVillageDundee.com
Bensenville Water Park & Splash Pad
Stay cool at the pool! With a 155-foot water slide, two drop slides, a diving board, a 2,527 square-foot Splash Pad, sun deck, and a full-service concession stand, the Bensenville Water Park & Splash Pad, 1100 W. Wood St., is your home for summer fun! Daily admission rates, four levels of swimming lessons, and party rentals are available. Visit www.BvilleParks.org/waterpark for information.
Otter Cove Aquatic Park, St. Charles
Themed around a river otter and his friends, Otter Cove offers water fun for everyone! Featuring a 25-yard pool, zero-depth entry activity pool, a shallow pool just for toddlers, a splash park with water wheels, dumping buckets and spray cannons, a sand/water play area, and rides that twist, turn, and twirl through water that shoots, sprays, and spins. These exciting water attractions and green open space offer thrills and relaxation for all ages. 3615 Campton Hills Road, St. Charles,.630-513-4377. wwwottercove.org
Spray Park, Westmont
Come out to visit our zero-depth spray park cushioned by a safe & soft resilient rubber surface. Based on a nautical theme, water sprays & squirts through a whale’s tail, & a number of other ground level spouts. No need to leave the park for lunch, the Backstop is right up the path! The Backstop Concession Stand will be open for your beverage and food needs. Residents $4, Non-Residents $6. www.westmontparks.org
Best Day Trips…
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
Life is better by the Lake!
Plan your summer getaway to Kenosha, WI and enjoy world-class museums, beaches, boat rentals, festivals and fairs, boutique shopping, al fresco dining and so much more! Be sure to add free outdoor concerts, the Renaissance Faire, auto racing at Wilmot Raceway, and charter fishing to your itinerary for a truly unique experience. Request a free Visitors Guide at www.VisitKenosha.com to find Kenosha Fun faster! More Best Day Trip ideas can be found at www.visitkenosha.com/SummerFun
Tons of Family Fun at Sonny Acres Farm!
Summer is in full swing with tons of family fun at Sonny Acres Farm! A staple in the community for countless decades, Sonny Acres Farm offers endless opportunities for family fun, local shopping and event space for one-of-a-kind gatherings of any size. Enjoy a variety of the best rides, amusements and attractions fit for all ages, plus an award-winning outdoor kitchen and grill, Our Kitchen, open for a bite to eat during all of the Summer fun.
Boasting 22 acres of space, Sonny Acres Farm is the ideal, customizable destination for weddings, corporate events, family gatherings and other special occasions. For an extra “wow factor” at your next event, treat your guests to some of the farm’s unique seasonal offerings, including access to amusement rides, petting zoo, hayrides around the property and much more. 29W310 North Ave., West Chicago, IL 60185. (630) 231-3859 sonnyacres.com
Summerfield Farm and Zoo
An up close and personal animal experience for kids of all ages! Plenty of things to do and amazing animals! See our animals from A (alligators) to Z (zebra). Free animal shows daily with admission (check online schedule). Kids can have fun feeding bottles to baby goats and feeding the petting zoo animals. Free parking. Unique gift shop and snack shop. Just minutes from I-90 in Belvidere. www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com
Visit Lake County
Let the Ride Take You to Lake County, Illinois and discover the freedom of being able to set your own pace and seek out your own experiences. Take in the scenery on a new road and see where it leads. The places you’ll explore will leave memory makers. Whether your trip is by car, bike or by foot, an adventure in the land of lakes is at your fingertips. #LetsGoLakeCounty! Plan your visit at www.visitlakecounty.org
Live at White Pines Concert Series, Bensenville
The Live at White Pines concert series is the perfect venue for affordable family fun. Join us under the White Pines event tent July 29 and August 26 for two evenings of live entertainment. The $5 cover includes access to the venue and music. A themed dinner and beverages will be available for purchase. Doors open and beverage service begins at 6:30 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., and the entertainment follows! Visit www.WhitePinesGolf.com for more details, including performers and dinner themes.
Brew Avenue Events
Calling all Foodies!
We bring the region’s best Food Trucks together at events throughout the suburbs. Join us at our festivals in Naperville, Lemont, Winfield, Lombard, Deer Park and many more! Each event has a new food truck lineup to tempt your taste buds plus vendors, activities, craft beer, music and more! Looking to bring a food truck to your corporate or private event? We are your food truck broker – booking any type of truck is easy with Brew Avenue Events. Visit us at www.brewavenueevents.com for details & festival info.
Summer Vibes in Naperville
Naperville’s restaurant lineup is packed with options for summer fun, great eats, and over 50 restaurants with outdoor patios. Find quick bites or gourmet fare while enjoying the weather, maybe even with your four-legged friends. Cool off with frozen treats like classic favorites, over-the-top shakes, local dairy creations, or rolled ice cream. Embrace summer traditions, dine alfresco in style, and indulge your sweet tooth with lively choices in Naperville! Check out www.DineNaperville.com for more information.
River View Miniature Golf Course
St. Charles Park District
Fun ‘fore’ everyone! The layout of this popular 18-hole miniature golf course will intrigue even the most elite golf connoisseurs. Enjoy the naturally-landscaped greens and scenic views along the Fox River while encountering a multitude of obstacles. This par 42 challenging course has an interactive babbling brook, waterfall, sand traps, windmill, lighthouse and bridges. The Victorian-style gazebo provides a resting area with a spectacular view of the Fox River. 8 North Avenue, St. Charles,.630-584-1028.
Spend the Day in Downtown Lemont
Voted as one of the best day trips from Chicago, Lemont offers local shopping, outdoor dining, and recreational amenities with a picturesque backdrop. Bike along the canal to The Forge to zipline through their world-class aerial courses. Grab a beer from Pollyanna, indulge in a pizza from Wooden Paddle, or stop by one of the locally-owned shops housed in iconic limestone buildings. No matter where you find yourself in Downtown, you’ll experience Lemont Real. Learn more at www.lemontdowntown.com.
The Forge: Lemont Quarries
Just 20 miles southwest of Chicago, The Forge: Lemont Quarries is the perfect summertime day trip destination for the whole family! Climb, zip, soar, and more on our aerial adventure course with challenges for all skill levels. Compete in exciting outdoor games like laser tag, or enjoy time in nature hiking and kayaking. There’s adventure for everyone at The Forge this summer! www.forgeparks.com. Use promo code SUBFAM20 for 20% off all summer long (expires 9/5/2022)
The World Famous…
For over 80 years, the world-famous Volo Museum’s 45 exhibits and over 15,000 historical items guarantees to have something rare and amazing for everyone. From our TV and movie cars, new Jurassic Gardens dinosaur experience and giant 1928 carousel pavilion to our upcoming Train Museum and Titanic exhibit. Open daily 10a to 5p. Visit www.volofun.com for more information. Volo Museum, 27582 Volo Village Road, Volo, IL.
Bensenville Park District’s Special Events!
- Movie in the Park – Dusk, Saturday, August 20. Featuring: Sing 2. Sunset Park
- Live at White Pines – 7-9pm, Friday, August 26. Featuring: Projecto7. White Pines Golf Club
Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
“Dedicated to cut and polished stone”
People of all ages enjoy this exceptional Museum dedicated to cut and polished stone. See a world class collection of Chinese jade, hard stone carvings, animal dioramas, gemstones, fossils, meteorites, rocks and minerals from around the world. Hands on displays and unique Museum Shop enhance the experience. Group tours and children’s programs are available throughout the year see the Museum’s website for more information. 1220 Kensington Road, Oak Brook. 630-833-1616, firstname.lastname@example.org. www.lizzadromuseum.org
Air Classics Museums of Aviation
Explore up close the history of military aviation from the 1930’s to the present.
Our outdoor airpark is the home to eleven aircraft including veterans of Vietnam and the Gulf War. The indoor exhibits include aviation memorabilia including aircraft engines, historical displays, and a full-size mockup of a Boeing 737 cockpit. A gift shop is on the premises, The museum is open Saturday & Sunday from 10:00AM to 3:00PM. Air Classics Museum of Aviation, 44W546 W. US Rt. 30 Sugar Grove, Illinois, just west of the Aurora Airport entrance. For more information, please call 630 466 0888 or visit www.airclassicsmuseum.org.
Forest Preserve District of Kane County’s
Forest Preserve District of Kane County campgrounds are open until October 31. Big Rock Campground at Big Rock Forest Preserve. 46W499 Granart Rd., Big Rock Paul Wolff Campground at Burnidge Forest Preserve. 38W235 Big Timber Rd., Elgin. Call our campground hotline at 630-444-1200 or visit www.kaneforest.com
Reed’s Canoe Trips
Reed’s Canoe and Kayak Trips are an ideal recreational activity for groups of any size, from a family adventure to large church, school, or park district outing with an adventure close to home. The three trips we offer range in length from approximately 2 hours to a full 6 hours on the water, and are suitable for either new or experienced canoeists. Since the Kankakee River is located only an hour south of Chicagoland, even our longest trip will fit into a one-day outing! 907 N. Indiana Ave, Rt. 50, Kankakee. Call for information or reservations: (815) WE CANOE or visit: www.reedscanoetrips.com
Sounds of Summer in Wood Dale!
Free Family Concerts!
Join us in Wood Dale for free family concerts! Pack a picnic and lawn chairs for an evening of outdoor music with food and drinks available for purchase. Concerts begin at 7 p.m. on July 22 and August 12. Outside coolers are welcome for guests age 21 and older. Concerts take place at Wood Dale Road and Commercial Street. Visit www.wooddale.com for details.
Cruise Nights in Wood Dale
Join us for music, food vehicles, and fun! Enjoy Cruise Nights in Wood Dale, are free for spectators and participants. Events take place on July 18 and August 15 from 6-9 p.m. at Wood Dale Road and Commercial Street. Visit www.wooddale.com.
Downers Grove Park District, Summer Events
Enjoy FREE live concerts at Fishel Park every Tuesday evening through August 16. Reel in three hours of family fun at the Annual Fishing Derby on Aug. 6 at Patriots Park. Players ages 5 to 13 can run through drills and skills at the NFL Flag Football Combine Day on Aug. 7. Children ages 3 to 7 can test their speed and athleticism in the Tiny Tots Track Meet on Aug. 28. For more information, visit dgparks.org.
A Summer of Handmade Events by Craft Productions, Inc:
HInsdale, LaGrange and Elgin
Celebrate America returns to Hinsdale on Monday, July 4th with 75 booths of crafts, free kids’ activities and local food options. The 48th Annual La Grange Craft Fair is in downtown La Grange on July 15-17. 175 booths, free admission, and a free parking shuttle. Lambs Farm Summertime Craft Fest comes to Elgin on August 13-14 with 125 booths, food trucks, music, and more. Tickets are $5 in advance or $6 at the gate, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Lambs Farm’s mission. Use code SUBFAM22 for $1 off online tickets. More information on all events at www.craftproductionsinc.com.
Rockford Park District’s
Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens Delicate Forces
Get lost in the wonder-filled world of Delicate Forces, a botanically-inspired, large-scale art exhibition by Skunk Control, a group of engineers, scientists, and educators from Australia. Displayed now through November 6, 2022, the exhibition features immersive art works that bring a sense of the wonder of nature through pieces uniquely created through science. Colorful dichroic materials and subtle mechatronic movements create a kaleidoscope of colors that delight during daylight hours and illuminate in the evening when darkness descends. Located at Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, 1354 N. Second St. Rockford, IL. www.nicholasconservatory.com/delicate-forces
Wood Street Fitness
The Bensenville Park District’s Wood Street Fitness Center offers state-of-the-art fitness equipment to help you be your best self. Additionally, the center offers several classes to help members of all ages to achieve their fitness goals, including Cycling, Zumba®, Stroller Fitness and more. Wood Street Fitness membership information can be found at www.WoodStFitness.com. To register, visit Wood Street Fitness, located inside the Deer Grove Leisure Center, 1000 W. Wood Street, Bensenville.
Kidzmax is Chicago’s newest one-stop shop for exceptional quality, recycled products for kids and teens, sizes newborn to 18.
At Kidzmax.com, you’ll find an amazing selection of clothing, outerwear, footwear, toys, electronics, equipment, and much more, at up to 80% off the original retail price. Original tags can even be found on over 80% of the products, and the prices are guaranteed. Go to www.kidzmax.com today. You won’t be disappointed.
Santa’s Village has a pay-one-price admission which includes unlimited use of all rides, waterslides, the petting zoo and entertainment. In addition, there are games of skill, shops and restaurants, and parking is always FREE. Santa’s Village is a great place for corporate outings, youth camps, family reunions and birthday parties. For more information visit our website at www.santasvillagedundee.com or call 847-426-6751 today!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago
Stepping into LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago is like you’ve just jumped into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! With over 3 million LEGO bricks under one roof and 2 stories of EPIC LEGO play, what will you discover? To see what else we have to offer, check out www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/chicago/! Be sure to buy tickets online to guarantee your entry. Located at 601 N. Martingale Road, STE 130 Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Stay All Day!
- ENIDORO COFFEE – “Brew All the Good You Can” 29 W New York St, Aurora, IL (331) 256-6683. endirocoffee.com
- WYCKWOOD HOUSE – “Our New Aurora Location is Now Open!” 80 S River St, Aurora, IL (630) 234-0813. wyckwoodhouse.com
- STOLP ISLAND SOCIAL – “Amy Morton’s newest eatery STOLP ISLAND SOCIAL is a place you will feel like you belong” 5 E Galena Blvd, Aurora. (630) 340-4980. stolpislandsocial.com
Naper Settlement is an award-winning outdoor history museum located in Downtown Naperville. The museum offers visitors a glimpse into Naperville’s rich history while providing educational activities, workshops, exhibits, and events for people of all ages. Naper Settlement is the only nationally accredited outdoor museum in Illinois. Step back in history to watch live demonstrations, make crafts, participate in historical activities, and learn about topics ranging from the fur trade to social gatherings from the past. Naperville residents receive free general admission with proof of residency. For more information and to view a calendar of events and programs, please visit NaperSettlement.org.
Be a Trailblazer in
Freeport and Stephenson County
Be a Trailblazer in Stephenson County, IL and release the adventurer in your family members! Land and water trails meander through natural serenity in northwest Illinois providing just the right amount of physical and emotional release. When you are done with the days’ activities, take a break in engaging social settings and friendly restaurants. A trip to Freeport and Stephenson County is the perfect day-long getaway to make the memories your family deserves. For more information: 815-233-1357 or www.greaterfreeport.com/visit
Midwest Pond & Koi Society
The Midwest Pond & Koi Society, MPKS, are families with a common hobby: koi ponds, garden ponds, koi keeping, and plants. MPKS members range from the novice to experienced water gardener. The club has monthly meetings with topics about plants, ponds, and fish. Other activities include; auctions, road trips, and a pond tour. You do not have to be a member to attend a meeting. Visit our web site www.mpks.org for more information.
The Fox Valley Park District’s 52-year-old living history museum, Blackberry demonstrates the re-creation of pioneer life through educational experiences and hands-on fun. With unlimited rides on the replica steam-engine train, hay wagon, paddle boats, carousel and ponies included in the admission price, Blackberry presents parents the opportunity to relive their childhood memories through the eyes and sounds of their little ones today. On average, Blackberry welcomes around 120,000 visitors per season, which this year runs until Sept. 25, before seasonal, weekend events begin in October. 100 S. Barnes Road, Aurora. www.blackberryfarm.info or 630-892-1550.
Barrington Family Expo, August 20th
The Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce will host its free Family Expo on Saturday, August 20 from noon to 4:00 pm at Citizens Park, 511 N. Lake Zurich Rd. in Barrington. The public is invited to enjoy a variety of fun activities, youth entertainment, miniature therapy horses and dogs, outdoor music, giveaways, food, refreshments, and nearly 50 booths showcasing business and community resources. For details call (847) 381-2525 or visit www.BarringtonChamber.com.
See the complete “Best Day Trips” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
George Williams College
Williams Bay, Wisconsin
Music By the Lake
- Irish Tenors/Chicago Philharmonic … July 24
- Michael Feinstein celebrating Judy Garland … July 30
- Lake Geneva Symphony Orchestra … August 4
Limelight Theatre Company, Oswegoland Park District
Seussical The Musical!
Little Mountain Community Theatre, Lemont
The Music Man
July 22 and 23
In The Heights
The Hemmens, Elgin
July 22, 23 @ 7:30 PM; July 24 @ 3:00 PM.
Overshadowed Theatrical Productions
Presents Beauty and the Beast, July 8–30
See the “On Stage” section in SF’s E-Mag
GO TO E-MAG
Fairs & Festivals…
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
- Elk Grove Rotary Fest – 7/20-24. Bands, carnival, car show, food vendors and more. Elk Grove Village. Elkgroverotaryfest.com
- North Shore Taco Fest & Highwood Days – 7/21-24. Carnival rides, music and tacos from area vendors. Downtown Highwood. celebratehighwood.org
- Wicker Park Fest – 7/22-24. Live music, art installations, food, drink, and a Kids’ Fest. Wicker Park, Chicago. Wickerparkbucktown.com
- Taste of Lincoln Avenue – 7/22-24. 100+ vendors, art, music, kids’ activities and pony rides. Lincoln Park. tasteoflincolnchicago.com
- El Gran Festival Columbiano – 7/22-24. Columbian marketplace, artists, musicians and cuisine. Humboldt Park, Chicago. colombianfestchicago.com
- Peotone Hot Air Balloon Festival – 7/23-24. Live music, crafts, carnival, parade. Will County Fairgrounds. Peotone. Balloonshows.com
- Glencoe Festival of Art – 7/23-24. Over 90 juried artists in various mediums. Glencoe. Amdurproductions.com
- Geneva Arts Fair – 7/23-24. Fine artisans from around the country are showcased at this festival. Geneva. genevachamber.com
- EAA AirVenture –7/25-31. Unique aviation celebration with air shows, live music and activities. Oshkosh, WI. eaa.org
RidgeFest | July 29-31. Music, carnival, food, beer garden & more. Sunday is Family Fun Day and Spectacular Fireworks. Chicago Ridge | www.chicagoridge.org
Wood Dale Prairie Fest | July 28 – 31. Live Music, Family Fun, Car Show, Carnival, Fireworks & Food. Community Park, 655 N. Wood Dale Road. Full schedule & Lineup. www.wooddale.com/PrairieFest
DuPage County Fair | July 29 – 31. Come One, Come All – Neighbors, Friends, and Family., Live music, carnival, food, petting zoo, rodeo, livestock show and contests. Wheaton. www.dupagecountyfair.org
See all Fairs & Festivals for May and June in SF’s E-Mag :
GO TO E-MAG
Fitness/ Race Events…
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
THURSDAY, JULY 21
- Sundowner 5K Run, Splash Dash, and Kids’ Races. Joliet. jpdrun3.com
- Strike Out ALS 5K. Guaranteed Rate Field. Chicago. Lesturnals.org
- Savage Race. Chicago. Savagerace.com
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- THE FORGE: LEMONT QUARRIES Triathlon. Lemont. bit.ly/TheForgeTriJuly2021
- Toagie 5K Run, Walk & Stroll. Highwood. celebratehighwood.org/toagie-fest-5-k-run
- Christmas in July 5K. Lisle. runners4wellness.com
- Ben’s Memorial Mile. Bensmemorialmile.com
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- Park Center Sprint Triathlon and Aqua Bike Race. Glenview. glenviewparks.org
(For this week…7/21 to 7/27)
THURSDAY, JULY 21
- CONCERT Hello Weekend – Enjoy this live band in Downtown Roselle. 6:30-8PM. Food vendors. Roselle. Rparks.org
- FAMILY Movies at Mundy Park – The Venue at Water Street Mall hosts the brew and view series. Movie starts at dusk. Aurora. Auroradowntown.org
- MUSIC Music in the Park – Blooze Brothers perform at Sinnissippi. 7-8:30PM. Rockford. Rockfordparkdistrict.org
- SHOP Girls Night Out – Shopping, dining and fun in downtown Libertyville. 6-9PM. Libertyville. mainstreetlibertyville.org
- CONCERT Sunset Soiree Concert Series – Thursdays; 7–10PM. Downtown Lemont. 7/14, 21, 28 and 8/5. lemont.il.us
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – 6:30–8:30PM. Thursdays in July. Oak Brook. obparks.org
- EXHIBIT “Hooking Up: Meet the Collection” – Wednesday through Sunday, 11AM-5PM. Summer exhibition at the Cleve Carney Museum of Art. Glen Ellyn. The CCMA.org
- FAMILY Movies at the Museum – Outdoor film series featuring classic and throwback films. Second Thursday each month. Aurora Regional Fire Museum. auroradowntown.org
- SHOW Westmont Cruisin’ Nights – Thursdays. 5–9PM through 9/1. Downtown Westmont. westmontevents.com
- EXHIBITS “Hooking Up: Meet the Collection” – Wednesday through Sunday, 11AM-5PM. Summer exhibition at the Cleve Carney Museum of Art. Glen Ellyn. The CCMA.org
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- FAMILY Movie in the Park – Family-friendly “Abominable” shows outdoors at Park Place Rec Center parking lot. 8:30PM. Streamwood. streamwoodparks.org
- SPORT Race to Mackinac – The oldest annual freshwater distance race in the world. Starts July 22. Chicago’s Navy Pier on Lake Michigan and finishes July, 23 at Mackinac Island, Mich. on Lake Huron. cycracetomackinac.com
- ART Growing Up Jewish –Art and story-telling on exhibit at the Art Center Highland Park. Thru 7/15. The Art Center Highland Park. theartcenterhp.org
- CONCERT Summer Entertainment Series – Fridays and Saturdays; 6–9:30PM. Memorial Park Bandshell, Wheaton. wheatonparkdistrict.com
- FAMILY First Fridays – Featuring Food Trucks from 5–9PM in August. FREE. Water Street Square, Aurora. auroradowntown.org
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – 7/15-8/5. McAninch Arts Center Pavilion. See website for lineup. Glen Ellyn. ArttheMAC.org
- EXHIBIT Iconic Chicagoland Foods – 6/24-10/2. Elmhurst History Museum. elmhursthistory.org
- EXHIBIT Alebrijes: Creatures of a Dream World – June – Sept. Mythical animals inspired by Mexican folklore. Cantigny, Wheaton. Cantigny.org
- EXHIBIT An Explorer’s Journey into a Changing Climate – Stunning photography and fascinating artifacts. Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. Chicago. naturemuseum.org.
- EXHIBIT Technological Treasures at the Lagrange Area Historical Society – Through 9/24. Items tell the story of how technology has impacted our lives. Lagrange. Lagrangehistory.org
- EXHIBIT Delicate Forces – Immersive artworks full of color and science. 10AM-4PM. Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens. Rockford. nicholasconservatory.com
- EXHIBIT Human Nature – Large scale sculptures by S. African artist. Morton Arboretum, Lisle. Reservations: mortonarb.org/events/jumannature
- EXHIBIT Biomimicry in Art and Design – Interactive learning stations about nature emulations in art. Elmhurst Art Museum. Through 8/14. Tickets required. Elmhurstartmuseum.org
- FAMILY Movie and Food Trucks on the Green – 7/1-8/30. Free movies at Geneva Commons, 7PM. Shopggenevacommons.com
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- FAMILY Car Show – Enjoy live music while checking out the classic cars. Food vendors. Heritage Park. Wheeling. Wheelingparkdistrict.com
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – Sundays; 3–5PM. Cantigny bandshell, Wheaton. Cantigny.org
- CONCERT Concerts in Your Park – Sunday evenings through 7/31. 7-8:30PM. Various parks in Naperville. Napervilleparks.org
MONDAY, JULY 25
- FAMILY Museum Maker Monday – Drop-in Mondays this summer for families only. Theme changes each month. Elmhurst. elmhursthistory.org
- SHOW Cruisin’ on Cass – Mondays. 5–9PM. QBAR parking lot, Darien. Darienchamber.com
TUESDAY, JULY 26
- CONCERT Summer Concert Series – Tuesdays at 7PM thru Aug. 16. Fishel Park, Downers Grove. dgparks.org
- CONCERT Concerts in the Plaza – Tuesdays at 7:30PM. Independence Grove Forest Preserve, Libertyville. lcfpd.org/things-to-do/concerts
- SHOW Cruise Nights – Tuesdays. 5–8PM. Cantigny Park, Wheaton. Full details at Cantigny.org
WEDNESDAY, JULY 27
- CONCERT Summer Concerts for the Family – Concerts begin at 7PM at North School Park. Arlington Heights. Ahpd.org
- CONCERT Summer in the Parks – Celebrating the Golden Age of Broadway. Presented by Brightside Theatre. 7-8PM. FREE. Wagner Family Pavilion, Naperville. brightsidetheatre.com
- CONCERT Concerts at the Plaza – 7/13-8/10. Wednesdays. Millennium Plaza. Fox River. Aurora. Auroradowntown.org
- EVENT Wednesdays at the Plaza – Wednesdays; 7-9PM. 7/13 thru 8/10. Millennium Plaza, Aurora. auroradowntown.org
- FAMILY Butterfield Neighborhood Gatherings – Get know your neighbors. Wednesdays. Featuring food trucks, music and more thru 8/31. 4:30–7:30PM. Christ Church Butterfield, Lombard. christchurch.us/neighbor
- SHOW Lemont Legends Cruise Nights – Wednesdays through 8/31. 6–9PM. Downtown Lemont. Lemont.il.us
See all Chicagoland events for May and June in our E-Mag,,,
GO TO E-MAG
We think you’ll like these articles, too…
- Golf Links & Tips
- Back to School…and more!
- Dine Out
- ANNUAL Senior Focus + Resources
- ANNUAL 2022 Fitness Race Guide
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED SPONSORS
Comments are closed.