Weekend+ for Thursday 9/22 to Wednesday 9/28.
THIS WEEK: Fall Fests ~ Fitness Events ~ Fall GO! Guide ~ On Stage ~ Chicagoland Events ~ Plus, links to Golf Links & Tips, Fitness Race Events, Education Central, Halloween Happenings and Dining.
GO TO: Suburban Family’s Sept / Oct issue. Get it and…GO!
(For this week…9/22 to 9/28)
Harvest of the Acorn Moon Festival | Sept. 25 . Pumpkin painting, hayrides, crafts, hikes and folk music. Noon – 3PM. FREE. Oakhurst Forest Preserve, Aurora. www.kaneforest.com
- Fall Fest – 9/23-25. Entertainment, beer garden, food, a carnival and fireworks. Huntley. HuntleyFallFest.com
- Aurora Greek Fest – 9/23-25. Celebration of Greek food and culture. St. Athanasios Greek Orthodox Church. Enjoyaurora.com
- Oaktoberfest – 9/23-24. Free. Live music, delicious fall foods, craft beers and a kids’ root beer garden. Oak Park. Oakterberfest.net
- Warrens Cranberry Festival – 9/23-25. 7AM-5PM. Cranfest marsh, food booths, Arts and crafts and Flea Market. Parade Sunday at 1PM. Warrens, WI. Cranfest.com
- Apple Fest – 9/23-25. Bushels of apple inspired treats, pie-eating contest, live music. Long Grove. longgrove.org/festivals/apple-fest
- Keepataw Day Parade & Fun Fest – 9/24. Inflatables, Live Bands, Games, Food Vendors Beer Tent. Parade 1PM. Lemont. keepatawparade.com
- Scarecrow Festival – 9/24. Downtown Ottawa. “Toddler Friendly” annual fest has something to offer every member of the family! pickusottawail.com
- Johnny Appleseed Festival – 9/24. Live entertainment, scarecrow decorating contest, Great Ball race. Crystal Lake. downtowncl.org
- Autumn Hayrides – 9/24-10/22. Cruise around the fields and make s’mores over your own private fire. St. Charles. Tickets at primrosefarm.org/events.
- Navy Pier Chicago Live! – 9/24-25. Chicago’s top cultural organizations in back-to-back performances. Navy Pier. Chicago. Navypier.org
- Polyanna Brewing Oktoberfest – 9/24. 12-11PM. Live music, food from Weber Grill, free shuttle buses. The Forge, Lemont Quarries. Forgeparks.com
- Autumn Family Fun Fest – 9/24. 1-4PM. Hayrides, pumpkin launch, petting zoo and a prairie maze. Eaton Preserve. Plainfield. Plfdparks.org
- Oktoberfest – 9/24. Live polka music at the beer garden from 11AM-5PM. Free with zoo general admission. Brookfield Zoo. Czs.org/Oktoberfest
- Autumn Opener Festival – 9/25. Pony rides, petting zoo, performers and games! Bring clothes to make a scarecrow. Castaldo Park, Woodridge. woodridgeparks.org
- Scarecrow Parade – 9/25. 1PM. Kid-friendly event with a scarecrow theme. pickusottawail.com
Harvest Fest | Sept. 30 – Oct 2. Fischer Farm, Bensenville. Food & Drink. Family Fun. Animals. Live Music. Free Parking. www.BvilleParks.org/harvestfest
International Houby Fest | Oct. 6-10. Carnival, float filled parade, live music, food, crafts and more. Rich, cultural tradition. The Towns of Cicero and Berwyn. www.cicerofestivals.com
STEM Fest | Sat. Oct. 15. Free family fun celebrating science, technology, engineering and math. Featuring drone flying, a Haunted Physics Lab, engaging stage presentations, science demo shows and more! 10AM – 4PM. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb Campus. Go.niu.edu/STEMFest2022
Go to Fall Fests in E-MAG
(For this week…9/22 to 9/28)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
- MB Bike the Drive. Chicago. bikethedrive.org
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1
Montgomery 5K & 10K River Run – USATF Certified. Portion of Proceeds to Montgomery VFW Post #7452, Montgomey Foundation and Rotary Club. Village of Montgomery, 200 North River St. raceroster.com/events/2022/61776/montgomery-river-run.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2
Hinsdale Rotary Run Charity Classic – 3K, 5K, and 10K Run / 3K and 5K Walk, Walk ‘N Roll & Mutt Strut. CARA certified. The Community House, Hinsdale. www.rotaryruncharityclassic.com.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30
Healthy Driven FRAIDYCAT 5K, GHOST RUN 8K & MEOW MILE. Downtown Oswego. email@example.com. www.FRAIDYCAT5K.COM.
Moraine Valley Community College Health, Fitness & Recreation Center Halloween 5K Run/Walk at 9 AM, Kid’s Dash Race at 10:15 AM. USATF-IL certified. Family activities included! 9000 W. College Parkway, Palos Hills. www.morainevalley.edu/fitrec.
Go to Fitness Events in E-Mag
Fall GO! Guide…
(For this week…9/22 to 9/28)
Sonny Acres Farm
You best be-leaf we’re open for Fall activities! Sonny Acres iconic family-friendly festival begins September 17th for a limited time through October 31st. FALL in love with our non-stop family fun fit for all ages. Pick the perfect pumpkin, enjoy a variety of amusements and attractions including everything from our Wacky Worm Roller Coaster to a ride around the farm on the Sonny Express Train, take fun to new heights on our giant jumping pillow, get baaack to nature and feed the farm animals, enjoy great food at our outdoor grill and much more! MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR CHICAGO’S BEST HAUNTED EXPERIENCE – HAUNTED BARN AND HAUNTED WAGON RIDE OPEN SEPTEMBER 30th! Located at 29W310 North Ave., West Chicago, IL. www.sonnyacres.com (630) 231-3859
Hayride of Horror and the Curse of the Bayou
The Lockport Township Park District presents the Hayride of Horror and Curse of the Bayou every Fri. and Sat. starting Sept. 30 until Oct. 29 from 7pm-10pm (last ticket sold at 10pm) at Dellwood Park, 199 E. Woods Dr. in Lockport. Tickets can be purchased at www.lockportpark.org and fees are as follows: one attraction: $15 per person; $25 both attractions: $35 speed pass to both attractions. Group discounts and private rentals are available. Both events are sponsored by CITGO. Lockport. For more info., visit www.lockportpark.org or call 815-838-1183.
Richardson Adventure Farm
Richardson Farm in Spring Grove, IL is the place to go for A-MAZE-ING Farm Fun! This year, the farm is celebrating 60 years of Bond… James Bond. Wander through the 28-acre corn maze locating each checkpoint just the way Bond would do. After you have completed your mission, take a ride on Richardson Railroad, a spin around the Carousel, race your family or friends down a slide or around the Pedal Cart track, and cheer for the victor at our Pig Races. Pumpkins galore, a Picnic Area with Campfires, a 700’ Zip Line — The farm offers a variety of activities and experiences for all ages!
This year, admission also allows September guests to stroll through our Fields of gorgeous Sunflowers. After a long day of adventure, there is nothing better than grabbing a fresh donut or bag of farm popped kettle corn. Open Thursdays through Sundays from Sept. 10th to Oct. 31st plus Columbus Day. Come visit the farm for an unforgettable experience! Visit www.RichardsonFarm.com for more information.
Experience 1 Day in LEMONT in 4 Different Ways
Time Out Magazine voted Lemont one of the best day trips from Chicago. We’d love to have you stay awhile, but if you only have a day, we’ve put together four itineraries for friends, families, and adventurers alike. These itineraries allow you to design your trip based on your interests–with recommendations for the best places to explore, shop, and dine. Visit www.lemontdowntown.com/1day-4ways to plan your trip!
Ottawa, IL – Pick Us!
Nestled along the Illinois and Fox River, lies the best kept secret of the Midwest. Lush plantings and butterfly gardens line the streets filled with boutique shops and modern eateries. Stand in the shadows of Honest Abe and the Little Giant then learn the fine art of blown glass and craft brewing. Renowned architecture, massive murals, live music and theater bring culture to life in this historic canal town. Join us throughout the year! Ottawa Visitors Center – 1028 LaSalle St – Ottawa, IL. www.pickusottawail.com 815.434.2737
Monster Mash in Bensenville
Get in the Halloween spirit at the Bensenville Park District’s Monster Mash! Take a trip through the Halloween-themed activity walk through the Deer Grove Leisure Center and into the gym where kids of all ages will enjoy FREE family activities, including carnival games, live animals, inflatable bounce houses and much more! 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday, October 29. Deer Grove Leisure Center. 1000 W. Wood St., Bensenville. www.BvilleParks.org
Pick your own memories at Apple Holler orchard, family farm and wedding venue while enjoying 78 acres of fresh air & wide-open spaces! Enjoy great comfort food touched by the magic of apples at the Red Barn Restaurant and Bakery Café. Four seasons of family fun for visitors to enjoy all year long! Apple Holler is the ideal rustic wedding venue located between Chicago and Milwaukee, WI, right off of I-94 at Exit 337, simply follow the signs to the FUN! (5006 S. Sylvania Ave. Sturtevant, WI 53177) Call (262) 884-7100 or visit www.appleholler.com for further information.
Arlington Heights: Your Fall Destination for Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment!
The Village of Arlington Heights is your home for Chicagoland’s best shopping, dining, and entertainment! Discover our one-of-a-kind Downtown ambiance with some of the most unique boutique stores in the Chicago suburbs. Live music, theater, and comedy are all showcased at the intimate Metropolis Performing Arts Centre. And savor Chicagoland’s best outdoor dining experience with Arlington Alfresco, concluding with live music, great eats, and family fun at Harmony Fest and the Taste of Arlington Heights on September 30 and October 1! For more great experiences, visit www.DiscoverArlington.com.
For over 62 years, the world-famous Volo Museum’s 45 exhibits and 10,000 mechanical marvels guarantee to have something rare and amazing for everyone. Spend the day with hundreds of rotating classic cars, modern muscle cars and Hollywood vehicles, Jurassic Gardens indoor dinosaur experience, a hand-carved 1928 carousel hall, ice cream parlor, military museum, Disney display and massive Antique mall. Open daily 10a to 5p. Visit www.volofun.com for more information. 27582 Volo Village Road, Volo, IL.
Keller’s Farmstand is a local day trip that everyone will enjoy! Come any day for apple picking at one of Chicago’s largest orchards or pick a pumpkin in our HUGE pumpkin patch. On weekends, explore our eight-acre corn maze, bring the kids to our Farmland playground, enjoy storytelling with a mime artist, and see the horses and animals. Our Farmstand is open daily with unique foods and homemade donuts on weekends! It’s safe outdoor fun for the whole family! Open through October 30. Tickets at www.KellersFall.com.
Fall Fun for Everyone in Downtown Aurora!
Aurora Downtown welcomes you this fall with free events for everyone to enjoy. Join us at First Fridays, a night of art, music, and more throughout downtown Aurora. Visit Sugar Skull City from October 15 to November 6 and enjoy Day of the Dead activities. Trick or Treat at downtown businesses from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 29. Enjoy family-friendly events all year-round in downtown Aurora. Follow us on Facebook at Aurora Downtown. www.auroradowntown.org .
Celebrate Fall in Naperville
Indulge with your favorite dish this fall at one of our 300 restaurants throughout Naperville! There’s nothing better than fall in Naperville, so why not make it better by swinging by one of our restaurants? You can always find a place that will appeal to your taste buds. Find more restaurants and information at www.DineNaperville.com.
Fall is the perfect time to visit Naper Settlement with a variety of special events for visitors of all ages including Octoberfest (September 30-October 1), All Hallows Eve (October 14-15), Howlin’ at the Moon (21+ event, October 21-22), Trick or Treat at Naper Settlement (October 30), and more! For more information, visit www.NaperSettlement.org/Events.
Fall in love with Kenosha, WI during the autumn season. Enjoy the crisp air at as you hike through county parks, take a swing at one of our many golf courses, or roll along a lakefront bike path. Savor the tastes and style of boutique shops, spend an evening at the theatre or comedy club, and ride a pedal tavern or electric streetcar for a tour of the downtown area. Plan your getaway at www.VisitKenosha.com.
DuPage Event Center and Fairgrounds
The DuPage Event Center and Fairgrounds is “The Place Where Community Gathers”. For the past 68 years a wide variety of events have called us home. From Train Shows, Toy Shows, Civil War Show, Craft Shows, Quilt Shows and many more. We also support many area non-profit events that have a positive impact on our community. We continue to look for new activities to bring to the grounds, and welcome you to join us. Find upcoming events at www.dupagecountyfair.org.
Harvest of the Acorn Moon Festival
Celebrate autumn’s arrival at this family-friendly festival featuring: Pumpkin Painting, Mule-drawn Hayrides, Games, Nature Crafts, Guided Hikes, Folk Music, Refreshments. Sunday, Sept. 25, Noon – 3 p.m. Admission is FREE; nominal fee for crafts and refreshments. No registration required. Oakhurst Forest Preserve, 1680 Fifth Ave., Aurora. www.kaneforest.com.
Autumn on Parade
Folks will be “Fallin’ for Oregon” on October 1st and 2nd during the 51st celebration of this FREE family friendly event! From our Fun Zone, Food Court, and 5K to Crafters Market, Auto Classic, and Antique Tractors, there’s activity and options for all!
Check out our 21 and older Beer Garden on Saturday only. Our Harvest Time Parade steps off at 1 p.m. on Sunday! Full schedule and details at www.autumnonparade.com.
Siegel’s Cottonwood Pumpkin Farm.
A day of “affordable fun on the farm.” Come “Harvest Family Memories” starting Sept. 24th – Halloween. Admission includes 40+ UNLIMITED attractions for all ages to enjoy with plenty of meals and treats to eat. Wagon rides, farm animals, giant slide, trains, corn mazes, ziplines, play area and so much more. Grandparents FREE Monday – Friday with paid grandchild. 17250 Weber Rd. Lockport. 800-304-FARM. Check out events and more at www.ourpumpkinfarm.com.
Pumpkin Weekends at Blackberry Farm
Enjoy family-friendly fall festivities at Blackberry Farm! Weekends in October & Columbus Day 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission includes all rides and attractions ,pumpkins can be purchased for an additional cost. Check the Blackberry Farm website or Facebook page for a detailed schedule of events. All ticket sales are final. 100 S. Barnes Road, Aurora. www.blackberryfarm.info.
Kuipers Family Farm
Season begins August 27th with our Sunflower Festival. Visit the orchard for apple picking (Saturday, Sunday & holidays. Check website for weekday picking) and fresh apple cider doughnuts, home-baked pies, fudge, farm-pressed apple cider and hand-spun caramel apples from The Orchard Shop and Bakery. Sample our hard ciders & fruit wines at The Bin Tasting Bar! Take a scenic ride around the farm on The Farmview Railroad! September 17th over 30 farm-themed activities open at the Pumpkin Farm. FREE PUMPKIN with a paid admission in October! Exclusions apply. Save $ and buy tickets online. www.YouPickFun.com for more information.
TOM’s Farm Market
TOM’s Farm Market is a fun day for everyone! During October, you can pick your own pumpkins from our fields and take a walk through our 6-acre corn maze. Spend some time enjoying our petting zoo, bouncy pillow, pedal tractors and other activities. Our market is open every day with homemade soups, desserts & everyone’s favorite…Apple Cider donuts! We are open from March thru December, but October has all the extras, so visit www.TomsFarmMarket.com to learn more.
NEW DATE for Moonlight Corn Maze is October 15th (Rain date: Oct. 22)
Curtis Orchard in Champaign offers fun for everyone through December 23. Activities include apple and pumpkin picking, kids and toddler play areas, farm kittens, goats, and mazes. September and October weekends bring rack wagon rides, pony rides, horse-drawn carriage rides, inflatables and air cannons. Eat lunch in our café, visit our bakery and then shop our beautiful country store. You’ll find local gifts, specialty foods, cider and preserves to take home. www. curtisorchard.com.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago
Stepping into LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago is like you’ve just jumped into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! With over 3 million LEGO bricks under one roof and 2 stories of EPIC LEGO play, what will you discover? To see what else we have to offer, check out www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/chicago/ ! Be sure to buy tickets online to guarantee your entry. Located at 601 N. Martingale Road, STE 130 Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Create fall memories at Abbey Farms’ Pumpkin Daze! Abbey Farms offers safe fun for all ages on a huge farm with outdoor attractions that let you disconnect from the digital world. Explore Kane County’s largest corn maze, our weekend petting zoo, the Emporium Cafe, or our half-mile hayride. Enjoy the weekend craft beer & wine tent with live music, and take home some pumpkins or donuts! Located at 2855 Hart Rd., Aurora, IL. Visit www.abbeyfarms.org for more!
Odyssey Fun Farm
Odyssey Fun World in Tinley Park presents Odyssey Fun Farm, just down the street! Amazing attractions include the Corn Maize, Containment ‘Z’ Shooting Gallery, corn cannons, petting zoo, hayrides, rope maze and so much more. Fun for the whole family! The Farm will be open for FUN from 10am – 6pm starting Sept. 24 – Oct. 30! www.odysseyfunfarm.com Located at 18900 S. Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park. 708-429-3800.
Westmont Park District’s Fall Fun
Look no further than the Westmont Park District for bales of fall fun! Our Last Straw Fall Event kicks it off on Oct. 2… don’t miss this great, free, family event for all ages! For the brave ones, walk and ride through our Haunted Forest on Oct. 22. Little ghouls and goblins can attend our annual Spooktacular Fun Night for trick-or-treating, games, and more on Oct. 31. For more info call 630-963-5252 or visit www.westmontparks.org .
Downers Grove Park District Autumn Events
Enjoy a day out with your pup at Fishel Park on Sept. 10. Explore the allegedly haunted Downers Grove Museum and Main Street Cemetery on Oct. 7 at Specters and Spirits. Children ages 3- 9 are welcomed to kick off Halloween by learning some dance moves at the Monster Mash Dance Party on Oct. 29. Trick-or-Treat at the Downers Grove Museum on Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.dgparks.org.
The 34th Annual Autumn Drive is a Fall Festival for the whole family. On October 14-16, from 9 am to 5 pm, in Rural Woodstock/ Marengo in McHenry County, Illinois, the country colors come alive and our neighborhood turns into an eclectic collection of talents. With a leisurely country drive from homes to farms you can discover: antiques, art, crafts, pumpkin patches, apple picking, corn mazes, food, music, and even garage sales and barn sales. For many more details, maps, and stories check out our web site at www.autumndrive.net. And Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/autumndrive.
Park Forest Art Fair
One of Chicagoland’s treasures, the Park Forest Art Fair, will be held September 17 and 18 from 10 until 5, on the Village Green and along Main Street. The fair features artists exhibiting in a variety of media from painting, printmaking and photography to sculpture, woodworking, glass, fabric art and jewelry. The fair is family friendly and features a “kids’ art alley” offering several crafts projects, drawing and a face painter. Of special interest to young people, some of the artists will be demonstrating their art techniques during the fair. This includes a sculptor who works in stone and a doll maker. On Saturday, the Village hosts a music fair. For additional information www.tallgrassarts.org or call the Tall Grass Gallery at 708-748-3377.
Primrose Farm Frolic
Experience farm life! Explore restored farm buildings, visit with farm animals, stroll through 100+ acres of historic and modern rural landscapes and climb up on a vintage tractor near the fruit orchard. Exciting and educational activities await you in the farmyard! Drop-in programs offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, featuring hand-milking a Jersey cow, gathering eggs from the chicken coop, grooming a draft horse or feeding the animals. Sign up at www.primrosefarm.org/animal-adventures/.
The Oak Brook Park District invites you to this year’s Autumn Fest! Saturday, Sept 17th. This free, family-friendly event will start with kid entertainment from the Hinsdale School of Rock Band from 2-3:30pm, juggler, face painter, carnival games, arts & crafts, hayrides, and more! Nashville Electric Band will be on stage performing from 3:30-5pm. All the while there will be food, beer, and wine available for purchase. www.obparks.org/special-events/autumn-fest.
Midwest Pond & Koi Society
The Midwest Pond & Koi Society, MPKS, are families with a common hobby: koi ponds, garden ponds, koi keeping, and plants. MPKS members range from the novice to experienced water gardener. The club has monthly meetings with topics about plants, ponds, and fish. Other activities include; auctions, road trips, and a pond tour. You do not have to be a member to attend a meeting. Visit our web site www.mpks.org for more information.
Warrens Cranberry Festival
Warrens Cranberry Festival marks the 49th celebration! Sept. 23 – 25. Located 8 miles northwest of Tomah off Interstate 94 West to Exit #135 in central Wisconsin’s “Heart of Cranberry Country”. The Festival is perhaps best known for its shopping of over 800 arts and crafts booths (unusual works of art), 300 flea & antique booths (primitives, pottery and antiques), 100 farm market booths (fresh fall produce) and 100 food vendors that make for a three-mile shopping extravaganza! Free a guided tour to see a cranberry marsh on Friday & Saturday and Sunday morning. Sunday the parade is at 1pm. Visit us at www.cranfest.com.
Kidzmax is Chicago’s newest one-stop shop for quality, recycled products your kids and teens will love to wear year-round. At kidzmax.com, you’ll find an amazing selection of clothing, outerwear, footwear, equipment, and much more, at up to 80% of retail prices. Original tags are on over 80% of the products, and the prices can’t be beat. Go to www.kidzmax.com today, and see why Chicago moms have given kidzmax.com a 4.9-star Google rating.
WhirlyBall – Naperville
Whether you’re celebrating a loved-ones birthday, a team-building event, or a holiday party, WhirlyBall Naperville has you covered for non-stop fun! In addition to WhirlyBall, there’s a multi-level LaserTag arena, eight bowling lanes, a four-lane VIP private bowling suite, and HyperBowling. Offering a relaxed yet elevated dining experience featuring fresh takes on classic American fare, an expansive collection of 24 rotating craft beer selections, and refreshing signature cocktails. Reserve your space today! WHIRLYBALL NAPERVILLE, 3103 ODYSSEY CT, 630-932-4800, WhirlyBall.com/Naperville
Fleetwood Roller Rink – Summit
Fleetwood Roller Rink (established 1957) is a family-owned business. Our venue hosts public skating, birthday parties (our specialty) privates and fundraisers. We promote family fun for all ages plus for “health sake, roller skate” Come visit us and join in our fun. Instruction available every Saturday at 1 pm Check for our ongoing specials and public skating times. Located at 7231 West Archer Ave., Summit. 708-458-0300. www.fleetwoodrollerrink.com
Save the date…
Midwest SOARRING Foundation
26th Annual Harvest Pow Wow
All welcome! Nov. 12 and 13, 2022. Come experience Native American culture at its finest. Listen to the sound of our drum and watch our Native dancers dressed in beautiful regalia. Our Pow Wow offers unique Native themed vendors with something for everyone. Come listen to Native flute playing, story- telling, try flint-knapping and other family friendly activities. DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton. Purchase discounted tickets at www.harvestpowwow.com/tickets.html.
Go to Fall GO! Guide in E-MAG
On Stage Preview…
(For this week…9/22 to 9/28)
Drury Lane, The Ultimate Entertainment Destination.
- Agatha Christie “Murder on the Orient Express … Thru Oct 23
See why thousands choose Drury Lane year after year. Visit our website at www.drurylane.com or call the Box Office at 630-530-0111. 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 6018
The James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts
- Lisa Rock in Close to You: The Music of Karen Carpenter … Oct 23
- The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass … Nov 12
- Ruth Page Civic Ballet’s, The Nutcracker … Dec 17
Tickets are available online at www.jlcenter.clcillinois.edu; by phone at (847) 543-2300 or at the JLC Box Office, 19351 West Washington St., Grayslake.
Overshadowed Theatrical Productions
- Tuesday Morning … Thru Oct 8
- Miracle on 34th Street … Nov 25 – Dec 17
- Alfred Hitchcock’s “The 39 Steps” … Mar 10 – Apr 1
- Singin’ in the Rain … July 7 – July 29
Located at 900 Foster Avenue in Medinah. Individual tickets are now available for Tuesday Morning. You can purchase tickets for all shows by becoming a season subscriber. To order tickets, please call the box office at 630-634-2100 or go to www.overshadowed.org.
Center for Performing Arts at Governors State University
- The Nutcuracker … November 19
- Air Play … April 22, 2023
Tickets are available at CenterTickets.net or at (708) 235-2222.
Wheaton Drama, Inc
- Sister Act … Thru Oct 9
- A Christmas Carol “The Musical” … Nov 25 – Dec 18
- Holmes and Watson … Jan 20 – Feb 12, 2023
- Shadowlands … Mar 17 to Apr 2, 2023
- A Gentlemen’s Guide to “Love and Murder” … May 19 – June 11, 2023
Tickets are available online at our website www.wheatondrama.org or by phoning our ticket line at 630-260-1820.
Go to Fall GO! Guide in E-MAG
(For this week…9/22 to 9/28)
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
- ART Resilient – 9/2-24. An exhibit showcasing storytelling through textiles. Aurora. Aurora-il.org/329/Aurora-Public-Art
- EXHIBIT Delicate Forces Exhibit – Colorful materials and subtle movement create a kaleidoscope in this latest exhibit. Through 11/6. Nicholas Conservatory. nicholasconservatory.com
- EXHIBIT Human + Nature Walking Tour – Take a 1.5 mile walking tour through The Morton Arboretum to view the sculptures on display. 9–11:30AM and 1:30–4PM through March 2023. Lisle. Mortonarb.org
- KIDS Kohl’s Children’s Museum Mobile Learning – Travelling lab van to reach children in Lake County targeting locations where children are more at-risk due to lack of resources. Kcmgc.org
- OUTDOORS Plant Giveaway – Stop by the Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden to pot up a featured plant seedling or seed to grow at home. 11AM–3PM. Chicago Botanic, Glencoe. Chicagobotanic.org
- FAMILY Ice Age Giants – Daily. Amazing life-like animatronics located throughout the park. Brookfield Zoo. Schedule visit at czs.org
- EXHIBIT Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art – Museum is closed on Mondays and holidays. Explore the eternal beauty of Fossils, Mosaics, Gemstones and more. Oak Brook. lizzadromuseum.org
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
- ART Burr Ridge Art Fair – Juried artists in a variety of mediums. Live music. Food. 10AM–5PM. Burr Ridge. amdurproductions.com
- FAMILY Fun Night Out in Hinckley – Restaurants feature specials, antique car show, and live music. 4-9PM. Downtown Hinkley. Enjoyaurora.com
- FAMILY Big Truck Show – See the innerworkings of tractors, trucks and cars. Bring your camera for photo ops. 10AM-12PM. St. Charles. Stcparks.org
- FAMILY Civil War Show – Museum quality artifacts from the past and recent war eras, along with antique and vintage firearms. 9AM–4PM. DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton. chicagocivilwarshow.com
- EXHIBIT Train Saturdays – The HO Gauge Model Train features a detailed layout that covers 2,000 feet of track and highlights some of DuPage County’s railroads and landmarks. 1:30-3:30PM. DuPage County Historical Museum. Wheaton. dupagemuseum.org
- HEALTH Lupus Support Group – Group meetings begin with education, sharing, then time to meet individually. Saturdays, 10AM–12PM Edward-Elmhurst Health. Lupusil.org
- OUTDOORS Birds of Prey – Rockford Park District is open to the public Saturdays, 10AM-2PM for self-guided tours and the Birds of Prey live exhibit is open Saturdays at 1PM. Seth B. Atwood Park. Atwoodpark.org
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
- ART Burr Ridge Art Fair – Juried artists in a variety of mediums. Live music. Food. 10AM–5PM. Burr Ridge. amdurproductions.com
- EXHIBIT Solisti Di Camera String Quartet – The string quartet will perform selections and will include a brief discussion about the music selections. Oak Brook. Lizzadromuseum.org
- PETS Barkpalooza Dog Walk and Pet Expo – Animal-related vendors, food, live entertainment, and kids’ fun zone. 10AM-2PM. Benefits the West Suburban Humane Society. Community Park, Lisle. WSHS-dg.org
- PETS Pets-AH-Palooza – 11AM-5PM. Family and pets enjoy a stunt dog show, contests, adoptions, workshops and more. Geneva. Ahconnects.org
- OUTDOORS Take a Hike & Lunch – 9/4-26, Weekends. View spectacular fall colors with guided hikes. Starved Rock State Park, Utica. starvedrockstatepark.org
Go to Chicagoland Events in E-MAG
We think you’ll like these articles, too…
- Golf Links & Tips
- Fitness Race Events
- Education Central
- Halloween Happenings
- Dine Out
- ANNUAL Senior Focus + Resources
- ANNUAL 2022 Fitness Race Guide
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED SPONSORS
Comments are closed.